surrender. yes, ok.


{photo found here

For the past few days, I seem to be running into people who are feeling blue or nostalgic in some way or another--all across the world. And who doesn't feel a little dumpy every once in a while? Myself included. What has helped me in various phases of my life and what reared its pretty head in my reading last night was this: Surrender

 
I wasn't reading Eckhart Tolle last night, but here's an apropos quote from him about surrendering. 
"Always say 'yes' to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? What could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say 'yes' to life..."
Who knows why acceptance ever becomes difficult for us humans to muster. Or why sometimes mustering is more difficult than other times. But simply accepting that something feels more difficult presently steps us toward surrender, and surrendering to what is reminds us to breathe.

{photo: unknown: please let me know if you know it, so I can attribute it.} 

Now. to remember to put it into practice. love & light. xo

9 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

love you. and thank you.

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Great inspiration! Thank you for this deep post to ponder :)

Jennifer Young said...

loving your blog! thanks for stopping by!
being present in the moment...amazing.
also, that second picture is phenomenal!
j.

this free bird said...

love this so much. really needed to read it too. perfect timing. so glad i follow you. xoxo-Carrie

Anna Walker said...

I love this post so much, it's lovely advice that I think everyone needs to be reminded of every now and then.

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Funny, I too was thinking about this idea of acceptance and the power it can have. (admittedly it was because I was watching Bethenny Getting Married? - shhh - don't tell =)) but there's something shockingly cathartic about acceptance that isn't necessarily viewed as a good thing in our culture. I need to reexamine it further in my own life because there is certainly peace to be found in it. =)

Beautiful post, quote and images - thank you.

Unknown said...

I do try to do this every day! XO!

and flowers pick themselves said...

i love the honesty + inspiration in this post. cheers, darling!

xo Alison

Aimee said...

I love this quote. Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails