hammock swinging.


About this time last year, I was in sunny warm Oleiros, Portugal, practicing yoga and oh so loosened up from the luxurious heat. In the afternoons I'd escape to a secret nook in a eucalyptus forest to sweep fallen leaves off of a red cushioned swing, twirl in it and write. Or else I'd laze in the rainbow hammock and dodge the sun kaleidoscoping through the branches above.

I think of this now, because for some odd reason, visions of hammocks dance in my head. I might have dreamed of swinging last night. Though I distinctly remember something about a bubble bath in a sunlit room overflowing with vases of freshcut flowers. A jacuzzi tub jetting its hot streams against my back.

What are you dreaming of? 

p.s. If you know anybody Europe-side who might be interested in a yoga retreat, let them know about this Ashtanga Yoga Retreat in Oleiros. It truly is a magical place.   

{exaggerated tree hammock found here : photographer : unknown : please let me know if it's yours}

13 comments:

a little black cloud in a dress said...

ohh the things I'd give up for a yoga retreat and afternoons spent writing in a hammock.

georgia ~ gi gi said...

I am dreaming of your fantastic life! How wonderful it sounds!
:)

Claire Kiefer said...

bubble baths are definitely at the top of my list . . . though I take one pretty much every day (already did this morning!). Also: traveling to a tropical location, preferably an all-inclusive resort somewhere with an infinity pool and a gorgeous beach with my best girlfriends (including you). Ali and Diana just left my house for our Wednesday night poetry + dinner sessions and you are sorely missed. love you!

this free bird said...

i'm dreaming of a warm shower, a bed with freshly laundered sheets, some tragically girly movie and a good night's rest. i think i'll go get to it!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I am loving this picture. Now I am dreaming of being there!!

Faiza said...

just realzed that i haven't been remembering my dreams the past few days....

kiss me quick said...

You've been to Portugal? how nice! It's mt country! ^^ thanks for the lovely comment, your post got me dreamming about hammocks in the garden in a hot summer night.

xxx kissmequick

Unknown said...

Oh, man! That looks amazing, I love how they added a lamp on there, too! Sounds like a lovely vacay! XO!

Nicki said...

Oh, i love that photo! It's so alice in wonderland. I am dreaming of being with my cadet again (doesn't matter where!)

Abby said...

Hammocks make me nervous... I'm afraid I'll flip over and land on my face.

I'm dreaming of peace and sunlight and things like that. =) And beautiful piano music.

Rebecca said...

I've always wanted to fall asleep in a hammock...

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

muchlove said...

that hammock bed looks so amazing! Now I really want a hammock, haha...

Lana {lanalou style} said...

That's such a gorgeous picture and the yoga retreat sounds like heaven! Thanks for the visit, your blog is great too!x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails