friday present: from warm to complete.


This week I'm thankful for...

...being warm inside


It's bitter cold out; we're back to below zero weather. But inside our insulated house, the little heater is doing its job. I even walk around the house barefoot (in flip-flops) on occasion.

...being able to catch up with old + new friends 


I've been having fantastic conversations with a number of friends (new + old + all lovely) over the past couple of weeks. On the phone, in person, various ways in the internet... All I can say is that it's so wonderful to feel in touch.

...& cuddling in bed with my best friend + watching movies,

{photo: unknown, please let me know if it's yours}
 
We've been sleeping in a single bed for the past week or so, and watching movies there at night before we go to sleep. It's been cozy and warm. Today we just got our mattress and put together our big-people bed, but I think I may miss spooning so warmly, so closely. 

...knowing I have all the necessary cheesecake-baking goodness,

{photo: unknown, please let me know if it's yours}

I love all kinds of cake (who doesn't?) but cheesecake is my all-time favorite. Finding cream cheese here, aside from being ridiculously expensive (+ imported) is hit or miss. But we've traveled out of town a couple of times this week. Now we have a happy lot of cream cheese in the fridge and blueberries in the freezer! In Argentina, our neighbor by 20 minutes (not counting border crossings), I found a pan with a removable bottom. It's pretty shallow for cheesecake, but we'll see how it goes.  I've made a couple of mini-cheesecakes using a bread pan. They tasted good, but earned zero points on presentation.

...after having successfully completed an emotional week.


This means big things, like my Chilean ID is finally on its way after months and months and months + having found a doctor I like after visiting several (each three hours away). And little things, like I've finished my odd article deadlines + and I've mostly caught up on my email.

Now I'm going to bake some oatmeal cookies, which I've been meaning to whip up all week. 

What are you thankful for most right now? First thing that pops into your head...


15 comments:

this free bird said...

My new shoes. As empty as that may sound they showed up, fit like a glove, are the softest leather ever and I feel like I could pee my pants with excitement I'm so giddy.

I pulled them out of the box and donned them straight away (while wearing sweats and a tank sans shower while working at home today - love!)

Superb post here my dear. Hopefully Cuppie will arrive soon and not eat all your cheesecake...and oatmeal cookies. That being said you will get kicked out of your big people bed and be spooning again sooner than you think. hehe

xoxo,
Carrie
have a great weekend!

heather said...

Carrie, sounds like you have the most excellent new shoes ever! I love wfh days, especially when you get to be there for ever important mail like the softest leathered shoes ever!

Can't wait for Cuppie to arrive! S/he can share our bed, hopefully she doesn't expand too much at night, or change into something strange and gremlin like when wet...

xoxox

Claire Kiefer said...

I just did my very own Friday I'm in Love post, and those are things I'm thankful for as well. Among them: friendship, girls' night tonight, good coffee, being healthy, having lots of babysitting jobs while facing potential unemployment, the amazing kiddos in my life, and MAIL! I miss you lots though and can't wait for one of our famous marathon catch ups as soon as we get to see each other again. love love!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your chilly weather! Great photos to go along with this post, too!

I am thankful for the weekend!

and flowers pick themselves said...

super lovely post. have a splendid weekend!

xo Alison

Deanna said...

I absolutely love the photos that you have in your posts. So unique. With as hot as it is up here, I can only imagine the icy cold and snow by you (but I live in Wisconsin so I totally know what ice and snow is like to drive in!).

I'm thankful for being able to run...

k said...

below zero?! eeee glad you are staying warm and cozy with your bff :)

Abby said...

Cheesecake goodness!

I'm thankful for food and the fact that my fingers can move fast when I play piano. My piano teacher told me that was my strength and my weakness because I tend to make it all technical rather than expressive. But some of his piano students' fingers really can't move that fast. So I'm thankful.

Škorčica said...

O, so many things, but the first thought that comes to my heart right now is:

I'm thankful for a beautiful afternoon today - a trip with Miro to Lake Bled to see an exhibition - such a wonderful day!

heather said...

@Claire, MAIL! yay! We are all unpacked (well except for some books and art), and I am happy to start with letters tonight! Love you!

@Deanna, My dad lives in Wisconsin right now, and we visited there quite a bit growing up. After living here and being way too cold, I know it's not the best idea for me to live somewhere in the flow blown cold and snow!

@Abby, I didn't know you played the piano, just another beautiful tidbit about you, speedy fingers! It seems to me like you have lots of emotion and express it very well in your blog... so I'm sure it's lovely in your music as well.

@Škorčica, Ooh, Bled! We visited there last year (one day only) with some friends. We were based in Bovec. Such a beautiful beautiful area!!!

Faiza said...

giving thanks for pink lemonade!!!!

Oh, My Darling said...

What an inspiring list. I'm thankful for lazy weekends and sleeping in, right now.

Elena said...

thankful for dancing. It's so much fun, especially with people you love. I taught my niece Mina some dance moves tonight at a wedding to AC/DC's Shook Me All Night Long. oh, yeah. it was so sweet to see my parents dancing too (to a different song), although my mom was rocking out to AC/DC too. XOXO

And weddings. They always help me remember the love that brought Lane and me together and how lucky we are to have each other forever :)

heather said...

Elena, You two are the most darling couple I have ever known! Love you both! And love your thanks! You're making me miss dancing so much!

Hugs!

Micaela said...

puppy kisses! :)

your blog is such inspiration and so pretty! congrats on the ID & feeling warmer ;) i still cant get over how cold it is there.

yum! i want some cookies :)

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails